Prediction: The 5th raid will release on February 8, 2018 (/-/ Rampant Speculation /-/)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 20:04 (2871 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've been thinking about this a bit lately... as a player, I would love new raids more often. But I do realize that may not be realistic... the raids are so complex and resource-intensive to build.

This is what I'm curious about. Are they really? Because you look at the play space, and the raid geometry areas are not super large when it comes to modern AAA levels, or even to the other areas in Destiny. Does it really take a long time to build the areas? Does it take long to design them? Script them? Test them? Are they really that much more resource intensive than making a similar area in a regular level of an AAA FPS?

I am guessing they are that way because so many tweaks need to be made, and the tools are so bad. When Bungie fixes the tools, and you don't have to spend 12 hours loading your level just to move a box, I'll bet we can start getting more and better end game activities. I'd never say anything bad about Bungie again if Destiny 2 shipped with 7 raids for the end game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread