#Funkmonwasright (Getting rid of my Xbox One) (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 15, 2016, 23:32 (2839 days ago)

Funkmon warned me that getting a PS4 when I already had an Xbox One was stupid.

You're just going to buy something that's functionally identical to an item you already own.

It's been about four months now since I ignored him and bought a PS4, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. But I haven't touched my Xbox One for more than a few hours since then. I just got a notification that my Xbox Live is set to renew next month, which made me really consider if I should let it do so. I've decided no, I shouldn't, and I think I'm going to sell my Xbox One. With the Xbox One S coming soon, and Scorpio coming next year, prices are probably going to drop even further soon, so now seems to be the time to do it.

The going rate is right around $200, it seems. That's low enough to give me pause and make me consider just keeping it, but the fact there's not a single exclusive I'm interested in coming to it until the next Halo makes me feel like $200 is better than the absolutely nothing it's doing for me right now. I don't have enough game time to split between two consoles, so I guess it's time to let it go.

So, Funkmon, you were right--having two gaming consoles didn't make sense for me. I just chose the wrong console at the beginning.

Obviously there's not much of a reason any of you need to know this, but, other than CruelLEGACEY, I've still not played with anyone on the PS4 side. Really, I guess this post serves as a notification and goodbye post for the only folks I've actually played Destiny with. It's been a lot of fun, and I'll always remember Blackstar and Co. showing me through Vault of Glass for the first time, and finally doing a blind raid with Kermit's crew. Maybe you'll see me back around if Scorpio turns out to be worth having.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread