TWAB (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 22:48 (2971 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It'd be a shame to buy a PS4 only to use it to play more Destiny, but it looks like I might.

Then you shouldn't buy one. You have an Xbone. If you're going to buy it for Marty's game, or for mad.max's games, or whatever, totally worth it. If you're just doing it because you have money and kind of have an inclination on getting a PS4, you can spend it on other stuff I bet you'll get more fun and value out of. Buy an elite controller, or learn to build a gaming PC. Take a daytrip or weekend somewhere you've always wanted to go. Buy a lecture series on The Great Courses. Buy a dobsonian telescope to look at the moons of Jupiter and the whirlpool galaxy. Buy a Micro 4/3rds camera to save your memories in high quality photos. Buy a used Honda Rebel and learn to ride a motorcycle. Buy tickets to a concert you want to go to. Buy a guitar, learn to play it. Buy a Unicomp keyboard so your typing will feel nice.

When buying a second console without a particular set of games you want to buy, you're doing something nearly useless. You haven't played Destiny in months. You play other random ass games; random ass games almost always available on non PS4 consoles. You're just going to buy something that's functionally identical to an item you already own.

But, again, if you really want to play TLOU or PSVR or something, and I've misread you, do it with my blessing. If it's just to buy something, I think you might be better off buying something different to the thing you already have.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread