So that's what happened! *OT*

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 16:07 (3962 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[*] Xbox 360 RRODs (yeah, that went on for years, but does anyone give a damn now?)

I care about the failures with the 360, and I think a lot of people have sworn off MS consoles because of that.

Thank you for that deeply relevant assessment of the sales landscape.

(I have no idea what you mean by 'a lot of people', or where you get this information, beyond "well, I've done it, so others must have, too." Statistic Brain, who says their data came from MS, cites nearly 60 million 360s sold, as of last month. The same site lists Sony data from last July, claiming 57 million PS3s sold. I'm not sure how you figure out how many have 'sworn off' one manufacturer or the other, and what those numbers look like...)

I still hold in my heart of hearts the hope that somehow we'll see Destiny be the first truly cross-platform shooter. The technology exists. It's possible, just not very likely. Because then the only difference in one's gaming experience is down to what hardware you have, and that eliminates all the proprietary gains each platform has made.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread