So that's what happened! *OT*

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, July 05, 2013, 08:07 (3960 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I care about the failures with the 360, and I think a lot of people have sworn off MS consoles because of that.

Something tells me you're basing that on what angry people on the internet have said. How many times have we told you not to trust them? ;)

Anyway, I think it's worth considering that MS is well aware of the RROD problem (if you recall, they ended up doing a special warranty specifically to cover it). They are also, no doubt, aware of what cause it in the first place, considering everyone else already figured it out (flexing of the motherboard due to too-rapid and too-extreme heating and cooling). And they have practically limitless funds and plenty of time to develop and stress-test the new console. It's extremely unlikely that the XBox One will have the same problem. That's not to say that it couldn't have a different problem, of course.

As for the rest, I mostly agree (some people will remember and some of them won't be very forgiving), but I'm not sure what point you're getting at, if any.

His point was that he feels a significant portion of the gamer population will have largely forgotten about all the current console complaints in a year or so. And if I might add my own opinion, I'd say somewhere down the road a lot of us are likely to have purchased both regardless of the differences between them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread