Clarification (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:20 (2837 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Based on everything I've seen Bungie themselves say about 3oC, they have nothing to do with legendary drops. All the 3oC does is increase the likelihood of an exotic drop when completing activities that already have the potential to yield an exotic drop. They don't convert a legendary roll into an exotic or anything like that. So any time you get an exotic from a 3oC, it is because the activity you completed already has the potential to yield an exotic.

That's what they say yes, but based on lots of information collected by reddit users, it DOES seem to convert a legendary engram into an exotic (in PvE). I have rarely, (I honestly don't think I ever have) seen a legendary and an exotic drop at the same time with a 3oC. BUT I have seen 2 exotics drop probably 10 times from 3oC, and I've seen two legendary engrams drop at the same time without. Users on reddit noticed the same thing, if I can find the post about it I'll post it.

It's still speculation of course, no way to prove it without asking Bungie. And really, regardless, the important point is: it increases chances, but not TO a set amount, but on top of a set amount. So if you had a better chance getting one before, you have a better chance after using one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread