Clarification (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:56 (2837 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lets say for the sake of argument that while using 3oC, there are more cases of dual exotic drops than there are of legendary/exotic splits. If 3oC work by taking a legendary drop that is awarded by the dice and then "upgrading" it to an exotic, that means these players are naturally earning a legendary & exotic drop as rewards, the the 3oC is bumping the legendary up to another exotic. Yet statistically speaking, it should be impossible for a legendary+exotic drop combo to be more common than a dual legendary drop (because exotic drops are inherently less likely than legendary drops).

I'm not actually sure I understand what you're saying in this paragraph, but the argument I've read is actually more along the lines of the chances are more likely to get a double because you have 3 possibly scenarios where you could get double exotics:

1. The first engram is a legendary which gets upgraded to an exotic, and the second was already an exotic
2. They both were legendaries that got both got upgraded to exotic (the theory here being since the chance is supposed to increase after each time you don't get an exotic it means you're also more likely to get double exotics the longer you don't get an exotic)
3. The first engram was exotic and the second was a legendary that got upgraded to an exotic

1 and 3 being separate is going off of the dice principle that you are rolling two dice instead of one. It is of course possible (though it seems less likely) that your rewards are rolled as one value instead of two, in which case 1 and 3 are not separate scenarios, but you can see the logic.

I honestly have no idea which one of us is right of course, but it's interesting to think about.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread