Alpha Lupi / Music of the Spheres! *OMG IMGs*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:45 (3910 days ago) @ JDQuackers

So, the Ronut video showed the Traveler "changing" all of the planets and worlds in our solar system.

And as Bungie has stated, the golden age began with the appearance of the traveler. In fact, checking the official summary of the game page:

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. Long ago, it breathed new life into our system and began our Golden Age. But it did not last.

So it breathed new life (or renewed life maybe, if your theory stands) into our solar system and whether the planets are decaying back to their barren states or simply in a steady state will be interesting to see. I wonder though about whether our technology was good enough to travel the solar system prior to the traveler, or if it did more than simply change the planets' ecosystems allowing us to colonize them.

The colony ships that we see in the E3 demo in Old Russia don't look terribly different from the shuttles of today. That makes me wonder if we were able to use space magic to assist us in settling the entire solar system, or if we were limited to our own technology--which made it a slow and painful process. This might also explain how it would be easy for us to get "wiped out" by some mysterious "thing". It might not need to be a quick assault if we are limited by kinda-current technology in communication and travel.

Yep. I'm very curious to learn what level of technology Humanity was at pre-Traveler, during the Golden age, and what technolgy we have, or have left "now".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread