Raid Matchmaking in Des2ny (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 21:48 (2747 days ago) @ Grizzlei

It would. If they kept the complexity, time, and communication requirements, then a matchmade raid would completely suck. That would color people's experience, and they would lose a lot of people and get negative feedback. To counter this, the raid could be made less challenging and time intensive, but then we have THAT.

I definitely appreciate this sentiment. Raids are an inherently daunting task regardless if you have a great established fireteam running it or not. That being said, actually planning a raid has the air of being a pain in the ass, trying to find six individual Guardians with equal skill, appropriate gear, and the same schedule. It's pretty much why I haven't ventured into it at all. There needs to be some concession in making raids more accessible to at least make happen, whatever that may be.

I think you're making it sound more daunting than it is. Most raids I've ever played have had players with different skill levels (my presence just about guarantees that). You just need five people who want to play with you. I'm one. We need four more. I promise you they are here.

Most, if not all y'all are grizzled veteran Destiny players and have been playing probably since well before the game even came out. The vast majority of players you'll encounter out on patrol, in Crucible, and so forth, are absolutely not and I would include myself in their ranks to some degree. A lot of these arguments here in opposition to forming a matchmade team for raids appear rooted in pure exclusivity, and it's kinda discouraging.

Hmm, I don't know if it's exclusivity. I think most of us who don't want matchmaking want the activity to remain difficult, or at the very least only doable by a group of people who manage to achieve a certain level of cohesion. Few video games offer anything like that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread