Stardew Valley now available on consoles! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 15, 2016, 14:32 (2708 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I hope this thread isn't low enough to be ignored--I didn't want to start yet another off-topic thread.

Stardew Valley released on PS4 and Xbox One this week. I highly recommend it for those that like a very leisurely experience. It's very Harvest Moon. You manage a farm, dive into caves to fight monsters and find loot, craft things, talk to the folks in town and give them gifts, go fishing, rebuild a community center, discover lots of secrets, etc. It's a very charming little game made by a single person over four years. You all probably remember it from it's release on Steam earlier this year.

The Steam version has controller support which is identical to the way it works on PS4. I'd maybe recommend to Steam version as it's not very taxing (My Surface Pro 4 runs it perfectly) and there are some neat mods available for it. That said, if PS4 is your only option or preferred platform, it's a totally good port and definitely worth a play at $15. FWIW, I have the Steam version, but I bought the PS4 version too and started a new farm.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread