Cheap Games, the original Deus Ex, and other Miscellany. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 24, 2016, 15:14 (2699 days ago)

So Steam's Winter sale is here! Rejoice! Or lock up your wallets and do your best to ignore it!

House of the Dying Sun is $12.99. There was some discussion here about this game when it launched earlier this year, so here's a good opportunity to pick it up and save a few bones.

Stardew Valley is down to $9.99. It's also recently released on PS4 and Xbox One (although at full price) if that's more your speed. I love this game, and played it a decent amount on Steam and am currently re-addicted to it on PS4. Just a lovely little game.

Deus Ex, the original, Cody Miller's favorite game, is $1.74. Now's the chance to figure out what the hell he's even on about all the damn time, if you haven't before.

Dark Souls III is $29.99. I haven't looked, but you could probably pick up a disc version for either console for about this price, or maybe a touch more, but if you like your AAA games on PC, this is a great deal. It's the best Soulsborne game yet, so go play it!

There are tons of other great deals out there, I'm sure, if you hunt them out.

Over on PS4,

Watch Dogs 2 is $35.99. I haven't played it, but it's been well reviewed and seems like a fun game.

Dishonored 2 is down to $40.19. A great price for a great game. It's more Dishonored--there's not much else to say about it, and nothing really to complain about in that regard. Dishonored was great, more of it is even better.

Hitman is still on sale at $35.99. This game is excellent, and I'm excited for Season 2!

Bloodborne is only $9.99. Definitely worth a play (even if I never did finish it).

I saw that Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare are still cheap. One day I'll pick those up just for the campaigns.

Again, there's lots of great deals there if you pick through them.

I'm thinking about a year-in-reveiw/Top Ten games thread, just because I love seeing what others played and loved this year, and love finding the hidden gems I forgot about throughout the year, but that'll have to wait.

I hope you all have a great holiday!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread