This "console war" thing is so tiring

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 17:14 (3927 days ago) @ Cody Miller

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/26/35gb-of-playstation-4-ram-reportedly-reserved-for-os

Rumors, not rumors. Confirmations, not confirmations.

Bungie, please announce Destiny is on PC and can somehow play with people on consoles. Please. Make the choice easy so that I never have to buy one of these consoles. Even though this might be totally out of your control or irrelevant to you, please, Bungie, just somehow make this happen.

This is a terrible idea. Remember Shadowrun? It had Xbox360 and PC cross play, and the xbox players could not compete. At all. They were miserable. They kept trying to minimize the advantage by making changes - at one point they tried to limit the speed of turning with the mouse. At that point why bother?

Either require a keyboard and mouse for console destiny and allow cross play, or release a PC/Mac version that can only play with other PC/Mac players.

Since neither is going to happen, communicate with your friends and all get the same version. Video games are expensive yo. Deal with it.

Well yeah, console gamers can't really compete with PC gamers in terms of precision and execution of movements.

However, Destiny does seem to be a highly cooperative game, not a highly competitive one.

Would that difference make it okay for online gameplay to be cross-platform?

Even then, it may seem impossible to pull it off from a technical standpoint, since online connectivity on XBone games looks like it will be exclusive to Microsoft servers, and are probably the same is true for Sony.

I dunno, while it seems unlikely that cross-platform play will happen, I wouldn't think the differences between controller and KB+M would be a factor.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread