This "console war" thing is so tiring

by Das Kalk, Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 22:39 (3927 days ago) @ Avateur

Working at an EB Games means I get idiots coming in saying "WHICH ONE IS BETTER PS4 OR XBONE?!" and frothing at the mouth.

They're functionally the same, since either is only as good as the content on them. Case in point: the Vita. Great hardware. Absolutely no selling power since the software is lukewarm.

I actually had a guy come in and go "convince me to buy a PS4. Tell me why I need one." and he got mad when I asked

"Do you want a PS4?"

"Not really"

"Then don't buy a PS4. Pretty simple. If you don't want something, nothing I say should convince you to buy it."

This whole "mine is better than yours" mentality is toxic and childish, and I hate it. It makes me want to do the same as you, Av. Sadly, the PC has its own brand of idiots who (and this happened to me today) insist upon bragging about things like "playing 4K games years before anyone else" (whoopdy doo, you spent $4K on a freaking monitor).

Actually, stuff like this makes me rage pretty hard against these idiots, who are such a small subset. It misrepresents the community as a whole. Mostly it annoys because it's thoughtless and immature, two things I despise.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread