So, anyone else finding PS4 controllers prone to failure? (Gaming)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, July 10, 2017, 12:50 (2491 days ago)

The controller that came with my launch PS4 developed a problem where every time I shot a gun by pulling the right trigger I would move slightly right as if the left stick was being tilted right a bit. This was right after the warranty period, or maybe just before but it was a gift so getting proof of purchase was a hassle so I just bought a replacement and figured the problem was not so annoying it could not make for a short term 2d controller for one of the local multiplayer games that are no longer made. (Also being a gift means the controller lasted through about 9 months since it was bought at launch but only got set up after Christmas.

Replacement controller had one of the buttons die quick enough that I could do a retail exchange.

The second year of SRL I was losing every race and couldn't figure out why since I had been ok at it the year before. I'm sure you see where this is going? I just started playing witcher 3 and to cast a spell you pull right trigger. Except it does nothing unless I squeeze as hard as I can, and then it activates. So, I'm assuming the trigger no longer has the full range and that's why I lose every SRL race.

I know I play a pretty decent amount of destiny, but I'm not obsessive about it. More days I can't play video games than can and the Xbox takes some of that time. Point is, I don't think I am playing more than most and I'm not hard on the equipment. Anyone else finding these things don't last more than a year or am I just really lucky?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread