Did you get the New DS4? (Gaming)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 20:32 (2489 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 20:39

The new DS4 has a part number "CUH-ZCT2" and annoying new light bar strip hidden under the touchpad. It can be used wired.

I have never had a problem with my original PS4 controllers. I used the one that came with the system I bought a month or two before the D1 Alpha and a spare controller I bought the week of the Alpha.
I typically use one until the low battery warning and then swap it with the one that was charged up. I take good care of them and always use the same 1A wall charger and cable.

My original controllers have worn out a little (not that much really but I wanted an excuse for replacing them). I recently picked up a New DS4 for a good price. I have been using it wired. It seems to be slightly more responsive than when used via Bluetooth/wireless. (this could also be due to the power of suggestion as I had already read it was supposedly more responsive). I feel it has helped a little bit with PvP, but that is circumstantial and could be false (I suck either way).
Make sure you get a USB cable that is long enough to reach your couch. It really sucks being tethered and I have dropped the wired-up new controller more than I have ever dropped the wireless ones.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread