The Gauntlet (*SP*) (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Friday, September 22, 2017, 09:41 (2562 days ago) @ Kahzgul

My team cleared this last night.

Pretty tricky to figure out, imo. Other than figuring out the arrows in that you have to shoot two arrows at once, and that which column the red ring appears in is irrelevant our major stumbling block was the final phase. Someone kept dying too early, and we'd time out like 4 seconds before we'd have completed the encounter. Future completions should be easy, but this seemed to be the most obtuse of the challenges so far. Thoughts?

We finished this one last night. The arrow thing was very obscure - we tried the columns thing too, and then almost got to the point of trying to shoot a coordinate system,
but finally figured out the reverse arrow thing. However, even that was tricky because I was able to repeatedly shoot both arrows myself, so it took us a while (and a hint) before we came up with a repeatable best practices method for getting them green.

Speaking of best practices, what did your strategy look like? Originally we were doing a static platforms strategy, where the person clockwise ahead in the sequence would activate the second arrow, but we couldn't get the timing to work out for meleeing the Psions and getting back on the plate. So instead, we split into teams of 3 - a runner, a platform guy (who would shoot the top-most arrow), and a Psion melee-er (show would shoot the bottom-most arrow), who would move around the circle with the runner. That was immediately much more successful.

When we finally got to the end, we somehow completed the course on the first try. I expect to never achieve the same success again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread