Cody... STAP! (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 25, 2017, 23:14 (2539 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, September 25, 2017, 23:18

If you keep this up, I'll only have a short post on all things Destiny 2. :P

Let's go deeper.

As long as the Destiny franchise is built on revisiting locations and re-doing activities perpetually, endings will be lacking almost by definition. The events and locations still need to be there as they were, for players to tackle those challenges. Bungie even kind of messed up with the things that DO change. You see the Leviathan in the skybox while doing Ikora's meditations; it would not be there if you are revisiting a memory of a mission you did before it showed up.

There are a few solutions to this problem:

1. The main story missions take place in unique, discrete locations arranged in a linear fashion. After the ending, the patrol zones open up and we can start with the activities of the end game, as well as side missions and adventures, which reflect a post ending world.

2. A completely separate set of patrol zones are created which reflect the changes that come from the ending. Access to old patrol zones is cut off after completion of the story, and the new ones replace those.

#1 seems to me the most feasible.

CheapLEY, I think Taken King had this problem as well. It was not really that much better than Destiny in this regard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread