What's the best Blade Runner version? (Off-Topic)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 09:32 (2398 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I think they're all fine. The director's cut and theatrical are different enough that watching both of them is interesting. I personally prefer the theatrical, but mostly for the snappier pacing. Important caveat: I've read the book the film is based on (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Phillip K. Dick) so the movie made sense to me without further consideration. I've heard it can be confusing to those who haven't read the book; I'm not sure. It's a great book, though, and well worth the read. It's no "Flow my Tears, the Policeman Said" but it's still a fine novel.

Blade Runner, at least in the Final Director’s Cut or whatever it’s called, was absolutely confusing for me not having read Dick’s original work. Of course, that’s something I intend to remedy very, very soon. My sister recently watched the film for the first time and was similarly unimpressed by how often she was blindsided by a development in the characters, setting, and so on that was so vaguely explored in the scenes prior, if at all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread