Mercury is a crazy Destination (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 18:23 (2377 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm really disappointed that the Infinate Forest, past Mercury, and Future Mercury are not part of patrol area. They seem underused for how big they are.

I'm sure the Infinite Forest is just an ace in the hole for the live team now. It's underused solely because Bungie didn't have enough time/manpower to put everything they wanted in it. That is at least my guess. However, like I said, I know Bungie is well aware of the potential that is has and will most likely add something else to it down the line.

I’m actually worried about this exact possibility. I don’t like the Infinite Forrest as a concept at all. I do appreciate what they were going for (creating a playspace that would stay fresh through repeated playthroughs while also tying it into Vex lore). But I find it thoroughly immersion-breaking. It just screams “PROCEDURALLY GENERATED LEVELS!!!” at me. I’ve run into the occasional “block” that provided a somewhat well-designed combat encounter, but most of it is just a blur of forgettable sameness. And my fear is that Bungie is going to use this space for more missions in the future as a comparitavely quick and easy way to generate “new” content. It brings me back to my biggest complaints with the content in D1; there wasn’t a lack of it, most of it just wasn’t good enough to be memorable or stand out. The Infinite Forest hits me as a step in the direction of quantity over quality.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread