Strikes in D2 (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 11:53 (2257 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I actually really appreciate the variety they have baked into the strikes we do have already. While I miss the massive variety D1 had by Year 3, I'm not disappointed with anything we got in D2. Especially not compared to some of the D1 Vanilla strikes. So glad Bungie has learned from those and continued to improve encounters. They do seem to pull mechanics into them that organically work into the Boss encounters.

Right now we have 7 (8 on PS) Strikes in the playlists. And yeah, repeats aren't the most fun. And I do get a little tired of Inverted Spire, but that's because I played it a lot through two different Betas (and on both consoles when it was that Beta) and not a fault of the Strike. But this number is on par with D1, but actually favors everyone else, because with TDB it was 2 exclusives and 6 for everyone.

The added dynamism of the Boss encounter spaces and the variable enemies as a default is really quite nice. And I hope that, like with the revamped versions we got in D1, that Bungie is able to continue to expand upon their strikes to keep them fresh.

I actually have a lot more to say on the subject of Strikes that is generally positive, but I think I need to just make a big post about that separately.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread