Stack Dismantling in D2 or Batch Selling in H5 (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 15:07 (2285 days ago) @ MacGyver10

I've been reading about this need for batch dismantling for shaders in Destiny 2, and it reminds me a lot of the same hubbub we heard for REQs in Halo 5. 343 Industries also shared that it wasn't just a flip of a switch to enable batch dismantling or selling, but what I'm wondering is why this wasn't thought about beforehand. I mean, do you think there is a 'psychological reason' or what have you to make us get rid of these things one by one, or is it just a plain ole 'oops, we didn't think about that' on both accounts?

- MacGyver10

I'm guessing it's the latter. There are plenty of things you can destroy/discard/dismantle en masse - it's just that they are things that don't have 'value' (in the sense that throwing them away nets you nothing). I don't think there's anyone at Bungie who said "we can't build a mechanism for deleting stacks of shaders, because people should really be double-checking whether they are going to want those 500 Atlantis Wash options down the road" - it was (imo, of course) either a total oversight, or a "that would take some work, and we have higher priorities" decision.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread