Not so fast... (Criticism)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 09:03 (2281 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I know that Paul Tassi (the guy that writes about Destiny 2 pretty much every day for Forbes) isn't always very popular around here, but he sometimes has some interesting and even informative stuff to say; and since it was his article about how the "influencers" are all leaving that kind of kicked off this stuff, I found this article he published yesterday to be an interesting counterpoint -- and especially because it came my way via a tweet by Michael Pachter (a well known and highly respected financial analyst at Wedbush Securities, who specializes in video games and entertainment), with his take being:

Forbes article by @PaulTassi here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/01/24/a-warning-about-the-notion-that-destiny-2-will-drag-down-activisio... … basically saying don't listen to the loudest voices who complain about everything.

and also:

... Mr. Tassi correctly notes the potential for sell-side analysts to be too close to the subject matter, and to be influenced by angry gamers. Very insightful conclusions

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread