Anyone playing the Sea of Thieves Beta? (Gaming)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 23:05 (2282 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It looks really, really neat. I also can't imagine playing a game that requires me to party up if I want to play it at all. I just don't have the schedule for that.

You definitely do not have to party up and run a full big ship made for four. Although that is fun, and will likely be my preferred way to play most of the time, there are also smaller ships, including one that is made to run solo.

Once Breitzen finally got it downloaded and jumped online, I gave him my spot on the big ship and jumped into a solo ship for a couple hours. It can be a bit challenging to go solo, especially since that means you have to do ALL the things (steer, raise/lower/turn sails, raise/lower anchor, go up and down the deck to look at your big map and make sure you’re still heading in the right direction, and even repair breaches in the hull and bail water water out if necessary. But it was a ton of fun! In fact, those hours spent soloing tonight have probably sold me on buying the game. I am looking forward to playing a bunch with friends, but knowing that it can be a fun challenge to go it alone makes it worth a buy for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread