Is anyone playing Monster Hunter World? (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 13:02 (2276 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I am absolutely loving it, but it's a game that's way more fun with other people. I'm having a blast just joining up with randos to hunt monsters, but if anyone is playing on PS4, let me know!

It's sort of funny--I complained about grinding in Destiny. Monster Hunter is a game that's all about grinding. Hunting monsters to get parts to craft gear. That's pretty much the game. I'm not sure why I like that loop so much versus the loop of grinding out strikes for specific gear in D1, but it's given me something to think about.

I think it's because your current tools can always be improved for the next task, and it respects your time by always giving you a direct path to improving your weapons and gear. Sure, there may be plenty of grinding involved, but you're never left feeling like you're not getting something out of what you're doing, and the gameplay is fun, while always giving you room to improve both by understanding your enemies better, and by improving your mastery of your own equipment (especially since there is a huge variety of tools at your disposal, and each one has several tiers).

I love games that do that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread