Tomb Raider (2018) Review. *Spoilers* (Off-Topic)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, March 19, 2018, 08:16 (2201 days ago) @ Avateur

I also can't believe you still spent the money to see this. Please tell me it was someone else's money in the form of a gift card. Or you pirated it. Or snuck in. Or something. I mean, look:

I enjoyed the movie and don't regret at all the ~$70 (for tickets, snacks, and babysitter) I spent on Friday night to go see it with my wife.

Certainly, the movie was not without flaws, but I'm not too interested in breaking down what I liked and didn't like. I generally go see movies for a bit of escapism and sensory stimulation - and not for a critical evaluation. For this movie in particular, I thought it was quite decent for what it was supposed to be -- an action movie with a story based on a solid video game. It wasn't "our last hope" at making a video game movie be on par with [insert whatever your favorite action movie series happens to be here], and I even think it was better than most other attempts at making movies based on video games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread