Really Confusing! *Calus SP* (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 19, 2018, 12:48 (2251 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, but with Oryx there's a good what, 10-15 seconds between the lights detonating and his final Dragonheart? Plenty of time to reload all three weapons. If your processing system is fast enough, you could even risk a synth! Aksis has less time(I'd say about 3-5 seconds), but there's still a definitive "Okay, last damage phase" moment that everyone can communicate. And in that particular scenario, most people should be using either Shoulder Mounted Cannons or Swords/Cluster Bomb Rockets; two of those don't even reload, so you're good to go. With Calus, he's straight-up immune for 5-7 seconds while he points his grenade launcher thing, and then he immediately starts up.

You're right about this kinda thing being in raids before, but in the others it was more considerate, more fair.

I think maybe you're misinterpreting this video.

Calus' last stand is almost exactly like Aksis' last stand - you save ammo knowing it's coming, you empty it on him once the ramp-up starts. The ONLY reason this video was impressive was because 5 of the 6 teammembers died before it started - but that's 100% on them. Every damage phase has 4 of these moments (each time, you're required to jump off the platform you're doing damage from and head to the next one), and there are usually 2-3 damage phases before you kill him - so the team has (successfully) faced that 'get off the platform or die' moment a dozen times before this video starts. It's not an unknown, it's not a surprise - it's just part of the fight.

It's also kinda hard to screw it up. Everyone could take their time reloading their rocket launcher, wait 5 seconds and then shoot their rocket and you would still be fine. The only reason this video is awesome is because they horribly screwed it up and yet that one guy managed to save a sinking ship.

I had a video saved for a while that was basically just like that, without the heroics at the end, lol. We were on the platform doing damage, Calus charged his attack, I yelled "JUMP", and I jumped... but nobody else did in time. I turned around to find 5 Ghosts hovering on the platform behind me XD

I can just imagine you looking back and yelling "really guys!?" throwing your gun down and walking out of the throne room muttering under your breath.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread