No Longer Neglected - Round 3: Haiku! (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, April 07, 2018, 07:31 (2211 days ago)

Last time on No Longer Neglected we only had two entires describing a trio of scenes from The Last City. But they were both great entries. Harmanimus‘ look at three times in a small town called Bear’s Pit was delightfully folksy. Likewise, breitzen‘s three parter detailing getting to the City, building the walls, and the aftermath of Ghaul’s attacks were excellent.

Any other time, one of you would win and one of you would lose.

But not this time.

I loved both your stories equally, and nobody else challenged you, so you both win. And that kicks off a mini contest. A silly tie breaker if you will. The prizes up for grabs this round are a copy of The Art of Destiny and a Bungie logo mug. The first one of you to notice this post a reply gets their choice of prize.

Oh, and there’s also a lesser prize that I’m awarding to ManKitten for his comment on breitzen’s recently submitted story. A code for the Destiny 2 “Darkest Days” emblem is yours if you want it ManKitten!

Now, for Round 3. A while back a certain MacAddictXIV posted a long series of Titan centric Haiku. Later, when he did not win that round (because his entry was severely off topic) he was quoted as saying: “My special talents are rarely valued.”

Well, no longer!

For this round of No Longer Neglected, you must follow in MacAddictXIV’s footsteps and write seven Haiku on the Destiny topic of your choice. This is MacAddictXIV’s speciality, or so he claims, so do your best knowing that you might be going in at a significant disadvantage. ;)

Remember, a Haiku is defined as a short poem consisting of three lines in the arrangement of:

First Five Syllables
Seven Syllables
Then Five Syllables

Prizes this time around are the winner’s choice of a McFarlane Vault of Glass Titan action figure or a Pinny Arcade collectible pin set. There will also be a smaller prize again for best comment on a submitted story.

[image]

As usual, for your entry to be eligible, it must be submitted to the DBO Fan Fiction archive. Do that by the end of the month if you want to win.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread