And the PS4 exclusives (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 11:38 (2238 days ago) @ kidtsunami

[image]
Not a huge fan of the overall look, but thank goodness that it's not another set of toe shoes. And the chestpiece might look neat on a female hunter.

Hunter armor looks dope

It's weird. I've always disliked Hunter Armors in screenshots, but once I see it in-game, I'm often swayed otherwise, and I end up wearing a lot of the stuff that I thought looked awful at first (sometimes all it takes is a good shader).
I have a feeling that the boots and chestpiece will become my next defaults. Sure wish they'd bring back hood-less cloaks, though.

[image]
Personally, I'm tired of all Warlock helmets having a very samey style throughout Destiny 2. How many times do we need to have the same Precursor-inspired helmet? Mix it up!
At least the chestpiece and gauntlets look pretty sweet.

Just can never get behind the drapey symmetrical gown style. Agreed though, dope gauntlets

Heh, I only like the symmetrical gowns/dusters. Warlocks are all about looking good, and maintaining their gear properly, otherwise they look like bandits from the wastes. A raggedy homeless look is for the Hunters.

-------------------------------------------------------

Strike:

Insight Terminus

Zavala needs a team of Guardians to break into a Vex tomb on Nessus that has been overrun by the Cabal. Defeat the powerful Psion commander before he can take over the Vex gateway network and reap the rewards.

[image][image][image][image]
[image][image][image][image]

Looks like a cool strike, it's a bummer that they lock content like this as an exclusive. I'm really curious about how many people actually were swayed to PS4 because of the exclusives. I in part picked up a PS4 because I thought for sure all my friends were getting Destiny on the PS4 as it was the lead SKU.

At this point, it's not about swaying anybody, I don't think. The contract with Sony is clearly for the long haul, so even if zero players get D3 on Playstation for the exclusives, it will still have year-long+ exclusives with every single DLC. Contracts are funny like that.

I just wish that the armor choices were more unique for the Warlock.

For all classes, really.
Imagine armors loosely based on a Playstation brand. Shadow Carja-style armor for the Warlocks, Kratos-inspired Titan Armor, or Hunter armor based on the Pilgrim from Journey...
Boy that would be neat.
But we don't even have some Activision-based crossover stuff, so that would be a pretty huge long-shot.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread