And the PS4 exclusives (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 12:44 (2247 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 12:51

Looks like a cool strike, it's a bummer that they lock content like this as an exclusive. I'm really curious about how many people actually were swayed to PS4 because of the exclusives. I in part picked up a PS4 because I thought for sure all my friends were getting Destiny on the PS4 as it was the lead SKU.

I didn’t switch to PS4 just because of Destiny, but it was a factor. Now it seems like all the activity is on Xbox, as far as DBOers on my friends list go anyway. I had 18 friends online on Xbox last night. Half of those were in D2. I had 4 friends online on PS4 at the same time. Two were playing Fortnite and two playing God of War. It’s been like that since I got an Xbox again two months ago.

Might have to do with how many of us on PS4 are pretty much "done" with D2 in terms of content, with the added bonus being that there's not much desire to play when you can't get a full group together (and the PS4 clan seemed to rely more on specific crews running together, most of which have moved on to different games). A handful of exclusives aren't going to keep us playing on their own, when it already feels like a lot of PS4 D2 has become a stale game of "going through the motions" for most of the clan.
I often feel like checking D2 out again, but I don't see anybody on it, so I usually don't bother, and I hop onto something else.

I think that's why I enjoy occasionally hopping on Xbox D2 (even though I don't feel like actually buying the game again). There's seemingly always a variety of folks who don't seem to have specific crews, so you can just do a bunch of different stuff, and since folks' gear isn't maxed out, there's always something for one or all to look forward to. I think that more than makes up for missing out on the exclusive stuff (though I feel partly naked playing Crucible without my Borealis, and will moreso after the exotic change).

I dunno. Hopefully the upcoming patch and DLC alleviates a lot of that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread