PS4 Blind Raid pledge (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 21, 2018, 07:03 (2219 days ago) @ Kermit

Thank you for that exegesis. A pledge is just another word for a commitment.

Well, that's conveniently reductive (and here I thought you loved language and were capable of understanding nuance/context). If you want to look at it from that elementary angle, then I understand why you don't think a pledge is stupid.

A commitment is one thing, and yeah, there's nothing wrong with that (you're right that a pledge is a form of commitment). But the last time that I saw a pledge around here (and described specifically as a pledge), the event planner phrased it like "I ____ henceforth solemnly swear to remain visually and spiritually blind to this raid on pain of death...".
It's sad cringe at its finest, and that's what I think is stupid.

From everything I can tell you are a totally committed husband, so I'm skeptical that you truly believe that "pledges are retarded."

"Korny thinks pledges for a video game are dumb? Wait, does that mean he's not faithful to his wife?"

Your thought process is interesting, that's for sure.

If Cody is just asking "Who's committed to running a blind raid?" That's harmless and fine. Nothing wrong with that. Yay English!

Second, you seem to enjoy acting like an ass in the internet.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread