Destiny game play question.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 18:48 (4056 days ago) @ Captain Spark

I'm curious if I can play Destiny without encountering other "world" players?

I would prefer to tackle this game alone. I'm hoping it's possible to turn off encountering other players so I can go it alone.

There will certainly be public and private spaces; if you choose to go to a private space, nobody but your party will find you there.

I don't know for sure if it is feasible to finish the game with zero interaction, though.

I think of all the morons I've encountered in Reach Firefight and I would like to avoid them. Hopefully Bungie takes players like me into account that just want to kick back for a few hours and tackle the game solo without any social interaction.

I agree, I enjoy that play-style most of the time and I hope Destiny can still cater towards that style. But I'm also okay if it's a solo-experience in a shared world.

It's also going to be a very different game than any Halo. It might create a completely different tone of players. Playing alone and then seeing someone 'live' doing their own thing nearby might not be anything at all like a griefer or point-stealer in Firefight - it might be like stumbling upon another hiker when you've been in the wild for a couple of days. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread