CRU folks are kind of ignoring pro-pipes in the meta. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 11:38 (2137 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Right but you understand a real game is not heavies only right? So for you to ask for a 1v1 with only heavies is absurd. The situations in a real game, which is 4v4 by the way, are Very very different. If you are trying to experiment and discover which grenade launchers are good, you have to play with them in conditions you would find in actual games.

I think it'd be an even bigger advantage in actual games (I mean, Zero posted some great examples below).

I am pretty confident that if a decent team sees in the feed that someone picked up a grenade launcher, that you probably won’t get a 10x streak unless you are just way better than them. Not saying they can’t be used effectively or well, but I think other heavies have more lethality and utility overall when you take all situations, game modes, and maps into account.

I feel like it's the single-most versatile weapon type in the game. Close or long range, catching enemies by surprise or in a heated firefight, face-to-face or around corners, the pro-pipe archetype for grenade launchers can (in the right hands) have a real advantage over any other Heavy (and most primaries). When you combine it with your primary, it just becomes that much more devastating than most 1-HK weapons in Crucible.
That's something that's just not true for any other Heavy (though rockets are closest).

If they fit your preferred play style, then by all means use them!

Nice try to save face, man! I accept your apology.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread