Times Have Changed, My Man. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 20:10 (2113 days ago) @ Avateur

We've come a long way from the steaks. ;-)

Like I said earlier, I don't expect a personal in-home visit or some extravagant luxury. True, Bungie doesn't have to do anything, but a nice little in-game surprise is next to nothing, and it would make for an excellent landmark in a humble celebration of creator and community.

I can't find the post, unfortunately since it was a long time ago and I don't remember the title, but for one Bungie Day(during Destiny 1) I shared what I thought was a silly yet neat little fantasy that Bungie likely could've indulged in—either a day where the exotic equip limit was removed, allowing players to equip as many Exotics as they wished, or for all enemies, including Strike and Raid bosses, to have only 1 HP.

Both ideas were immediately and unanimously shot down of course, but the common denominator was that those were both in-game. Something that could theoretically be turned on/off with a simple switch. That specifically was what I was talking about last time--a fun or exciting in-game treat for people to enjoy. I know people feel the same way, since everyone agreed the moment someone else said it--but I hardly consider it ungrateful to ask for some digital gift that would honestly take a small amount of effort.

Let me leave this particular question on the table. And no, it's not meant to be a troll or dick out some rude attitude--I'm asking because I'm genuinely asking, curious to the response people will have, especially considering that I personally don't remember at all—Does anyone here remember what gifts were given each year since Bungie Day 2015, other than the Community 'Thank You' compilation video?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread