Redrix's Claymore (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 11:56 (2117 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In PvE though, the gun is a monster. You can get criticals all day long, and there's never a shortage of enemies around. It's kind of ironic that the competitive PvP reward is a really dominant gun in PvE.

Is it, though?

It'd be regressive to actually reward a player who showed a demonstrable improvement in multiplayer performance with a weapon that noticeably would improve that performance.

No, it wouldn’t. The two best pulse rifles everyone already has.

What are they?

Does it disprove your point if I don't have them, or don't even know what they are?

Just make something that could hold its own against them. Doesn’t seem unfair to me. I mean, your exotic slot would open up but that’s about it.

Something like the messenger from D1 is a good example. You got it from playing Trials, and it was a great PvP gun. It was no last word / thorn, but it was a good gun and definitely a contender.

Never played any Trials because I'm not a huge fan of competitive multiplayer. That said, I'm sure that the few times I end up going in there because of events like Triumphs, I'd feel great about going up against better players who got better gear because they're better players.

You can disagree about whether or not that's good design, or if you like it or not, but it is regressive-- or at best just sideways, in which case I can already hear all of Reddit asking what the point is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread