The DBO Midwest Meetup (Off-Topic)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, August 09, 2018, 08:51 (2058 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We visited the World War I memorial and museum, which was very good. We also did an escape room and broke it, and it was a lot of fun. Bluerunner, Kermit, and I also tried burgers with peanut butter on them, which was interesting.

The WWI memorial is a truly amazing place to be. I think it's mandatory if you're traveling to KC.

We played lots of Destiny, some Reach, and some classic Halo 1 (Rockets on Prisoner, both normal, and with 400% health--both fun. Shotguns on Chiron, a normal Slayer Pro game on Hang 'Em High, and Crazy King on Battle Creek. Halo 1 still rules).

Even I had fun with the Halo 1 multiplayer, though I had forgotten how frustrating AR-only starts can be when you don't spawn close to a power weapon. Got my feel for the H1 pistol back pretty quickly, though playing over XBL does mess with the 3-shot kill sometimes.

Breitzen and Levi both stopped by on Friday night. We had lots of fun and laughs, and rehashed a bunch of old conversations that we have on the forums all the time. I haven't laughed as I hard as I did this weekend in a long time.

Sadly, we neglected to get a group picture with Levi. Which means that someday, when I tell people I met him once before he was famous, they will not believe me.

Stabbim was kind enough to bring his racing wheel setup for me to try with Dirt Rally. I'm not sure whether to thank him or blame him for me having to spend $300 now.

Oh, it'll be more than that. You still need something to mount it on. ;)

He also had some helpful suggestions to deal with stopped traffic:

[image]

Things like this are a constant temptation when you drive a "roads are optional" type of vehicle.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread