Which is why... (Fireteam Builder Events)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 18:45 (2062 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Or... maybe we have less Hunters here than I recall for the Xbox. I mean, we have an average 98 people on our Xbox "Clan" and not one was really up for it. I... don't even know. Maybe I'm more socially inept then I even know, or maybe I'm surrounded by purists or something. Whatever. That's what I get for trying I guess. Silence. I guess I should be used to it.

I don't think it has anything to do with you personally.

I think that a lot of people here prefer playing solo through new story missions. We can all agree to be quiet when dialogue is happening, but we know that doesn't matter all the time--something will get talked over. And, for me, it's an atmosphere and mood thing. I just want to be absorbed in the world, and that's hard for me to do when I'm in a party with others.

Give it a week, and I'm sure we'll all be playing together again. You gave the good examples of this community coming together, tackling Solstice, tackling EP. That's not gone. Hell, we got a squad together to play Gambit for a bit just yesterday. We'll all be around in full force soon, I'm sure. But new story content is something that happens rarely in Destiny, and I intend to make the most of it--for me (and for lots of others, I suspect), that means playing it alone.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread