Gambit Strategy (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 23:26 (2047 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I played against a team that used this strategy pretty well.

They would carry a lot of motes between the four, then bank two large blockers at once, quickly bank the rest, then send over an invader while the blockers are active. Then they would quickly gather and bank motes while this was happening to get their Primeval up.

Now the obvious counter to this would be to quickly send an invader yourself when they had lots of unbanked motes, and kill them. But they would retreat and congregate when an invader came over, making it very hard to kill them. In one round I managed with Golden gun, but for the most part they could shut down invaders pretty quickly.

Good? How to counter? Any other interesting approaches you've seen?

Sleeper. ;)

Also what are invasion kills? The Ace of Spades bounty needs five with a hand canon, and I've killed both invading guardians, and guardians while invading without the counter moving.

It's invading guardians; I haven't seen the counter not increment if you got the kill with a hand cannon. Is it possible your teammate yoinked the actual kill?

It has explosive payload. I wonder if the explosion getting the kill negates it?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread