I was totally wrong about Gambit. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 21:04 (2019 days ago) @ Cody Miller

After playing the preview day, I really liked Gambit, but I really worried about how fun it would actually be. I worried that it would become too predictable, and would boil down to teams that had memorized spawns for every round on every map, that there wouldn't be enough variety.

I was completely wrong. It might look different in six weeks, or six months, but so far, Gambit has been really amazing, with a lot of different strategies going around, and no clear "best" strategy.

Invasions are unpredictable enough to keep things really interesting, and Invasions are basically the single deciding factor of who wins any given Gambit match. Everything hinges on good invasions stopping the enemy team.

It's a really interesting balance between PvE and PvP, but it honestly is a lot more PvP focused than I anticipated, and it's a lot better than I would have assumed had I known how PvP focused it can be.

I stand by my assertion that Gambit really is something special, one of the first real game-changers in Destiny since the Vault of Glass.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread