I think there are still a lot of under-levelled players (Recruitment)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 10:21 (2004 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm always willing to pretend to be blind too (on xbox) if you find enough other people and need to fill in a slot. I can keep quiet, follow instructions, and occasionally make observations without explaining what's going on or how to solve problems. Though I won't be available most of November.

Heh. I don't doubt that you can - but as I think Cheapley can attest, this is not a universal ability. ;)

(He and I were on a 'blind' team on PS4 for Spire of Stars that left a bad taste in both of our mouths, because of people who said exactly the same thing, but couldn't really follow through.)

I actually didn’t know that we weren’t fully blind until we all partied up and started the raid. And that person didn’t even attempt to pretend to be blind, but instead began talking about all the strategy videos and how to do stuff. I’ve stopped being mad about it at this point, but it does still bums me out. I still haven’t actually even seen the damage phase of the last encounter. I can’t tell if it’s because of a bummer experience or if I actually didn’t like much of that raid. I’d like to go through it soon, when things settle down a bit.

Someone acting blind could probably work, but that person would have to be really dedicated to doing so. It would be tough to watch folks struggle through something for hours without slipping up.

I know there was another crew that had a similar experience not work out (I think for base Leviathan). It seems to be a tough thing to actually do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread