+1 (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 11, 2018, 10:05 (2039 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Someone had mentioned to me that going to the spider, and buying alot of the cheapest planetary material he is selling, then go to that planet and turn in. Dismantle everything you get, plus you'll get shards back as well.

Not sure on numbers or percentages, but I'm sure its a less than desirable rate of return.

In particular, use this method when he’s selling Simulation Seeds. Brother Vance will sometimes give you Masterwork drops in addition to legendary drops. I bought 700 shards worth of simulation seeds last week... I traded all the seeds into Vance, and ended up with about 20 masterwork cores, 30 mod components, and almost 600 legendary shards back in my inventory.

Is brother Vance special? Just curious as to why he drops Masterworks?

I mean, he sure wants to be special ;p

To answer your question, I don’t actually know. I could have sworn I’ve received masterworks from other vendors, but I could just as easily be imagining that. Speedracer told me about Vance specifically, so I tried it out and it worked beautifully.

Vance does seem to award Masterworked weapons (that dismantle into 1-2 cores generally) more often than the other vendors (at least in my, anecdotally-based, opinion).

But the main reason to do get the simulation seeds from Spider to turn into Vance [rather than going all out on the other planetary materials as well] is because the shaders that drop with the packages from Vance dismantle back into legendary shards, whereas the shaders that drop on the other destinations dismantle into glimmer.

By spending all of your shards at Spider on simulation seeds and then cashing them all in at Vance, you are guaranteed to net a bunch of masterwork cores and mod components, while only going net negative by a relatively small amount on the legendary shards (especially after you dismantle everything he gives you, and then turning all those new gunsmith materials you get for dismantling in to Banshee for more weapons -- most of which will also result in you recovering more shards, while also potentially giving you a few new "god-rolled" weapons, and reportedly even chances at exotics to drop from Banshee).

Edit/Addendum: Note that this morning I decided to pull my ~275 Arcology Tokens out of the vault and I went ahead and cashed them in to Sloane and ended up netting a few more masterwork cores and mod components. But when I did the same a few days ago on EDZ, Devrim didn't drop a single masterworked weapon...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread