Congrats!! (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 25, 2018, 08:07 (2060 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I am 2 bounties and some games away from my Redrix. Should be there within a week but I don't really feel rushed to get it currently. Season ends at the beginning of December.

Luna's howl was definitely a grind, but doable if you grind it out. I think WHEN I played competitive was more important that HOW I played. Playing early morning on the weekends, I was running around doing my Sniping like it was regular Quickplay. Playing at night any given night, was when I kept running into the 4-man telesto wrecking crews.

HOWEVER, Luna's Howl feels SO good. Triple tapping guardians, good handling. I threw a Targeting mod on mine for more target acquisition and it made a difference. This also pairs well with my Surpremacy Sniper Rifle as the Supremacy is a Primary, I have my Luna's Howl for the close up.

Luna's Howl is good in PVE too! The proc goes away when you miss or get a kill. So, if you are landing all your precision shots on a yellow bar Knight, you get 3 seconds (3 shots?) of insane damage. All of this will primary ammunition means you can play around with your other slots more in PVE.

I played a couple matches with Luna's Howl this morning, and yeah... I love it. It's great. I've never totally clicked with a Hand Cannon in D2. Even Trust, Ace of Spades, Better Devils. I struggle to consistently land my shots with all of them. They either have too much kick, or in the case of Trust, there's something about the rate of fire that I can't get in sync with. I'm either pulling the trigger too fast or too slow (totally my fault, not the gun's).

But with Luna's Howl I'm nailing 3-shot kills, no problem. I haven't pulled of a 2 shot yet, but even as 3-shot, the time to kill is super quick. Plus I just put an extended mag mod on it, so it now holds 13 shots in the clip (up from 10). That should give me even more room to benefit from the Magnificent Howl perk.

I also think it is a potentially devastating PvE weapon. I typically use the IKELOS shotgun in my secondary slot, and rely on that for quick burst of DPS against powerful targets. Now, I'm not going to say that Luna's Howl can hold a candle to the IKELOS SG in terms of DPS, but I suspect it will do way more DPS than any other primary weapon, plus it doesn't require you to get close to your target, so that's a point in its favor. I could see some interesting loadouts involving a Sniper primary, Luna secondary, and sword/shotgun Power weapon. Gonna have to play around with that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread