Another Leveling Tip/SGA (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:14 (2060 days ago) @ ZackDark

Once you have Horror Story and buy the Sorrow MG2, you could potentially have a 600 primary, and a 580ish secondary depending your highest characters level.

At this point, all drops will keep going up in light level in good speed from drops. But you can do this yourself cheap.

I got my titan to 575 after hitting 50 and just doing 1 weeks worth of Powerfuls on him. I did this BEFORE Horror Story, so having a 600 primary should only make it faster.

The Strategy:

Go into your collections/Armor/leveling. This is where all the green/blue armor is. You can buy a piece for 250 Glimmer and 3 Weapon Parts each. The trick is to just buy an entire set of the armor. Then go back through and buy it again and again. Don't even bother equipping it, it already knows what your highest light is. Do this until the light levels stop increasing. This will easily bring your light up and keep your slots all the same light level for cheap.

When you hit 50 and get some POWERFUL drops, keep checking back here to see if you can bring up any of your slots. If you get a high slot somewhere, you may be able to buy a blue for a slot a few light levels higher. Sure, its Nickels and Dimes, but it makes getting to 580 range a joke. I got my titan to 575 after hitting 50 and just doing 1 weeks worth of Powerfuls on him. This was without Horror Story.

I have like 300 weapon parts, it didn't cost me anything and saved me TONS of time.

I wouldn't bother infusing any of this with the masterwork economy, this is just to bring your Light level up, so that your drops go higher.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread