Yeah but... (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:30 (2059 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It’s just about removing Quest Exotics from the pool. That would not impact the drop rate of new Exotics as described (as you already possess them in your collection and thus they pull from your duplicate probability) but does impact the ease of infusion for those Quest Exotics.

I read this as, quest exotics have a completely different drop pool than all other exotics and because of that removing them wouldn't improve the new exotic drop rate. Am I reading this wrong? If I'm not what makes you think this is true? Because I've always thought that they were just added to the overall exotic pull, which would be Y1, Y2, and Duplicate exotics.

For example, re: Infusion Costs, using a duplicate drop costs 5k Glimmer, Exotic to different Exotic is 8k glimmer, 5 Legendary Shards, 1 Enhancement Core, and 25 Planetary Materials. That is a material investment I’d rather put forward elsewhere.

I understand that. I'm just surprised you are more worried about Legendary Shards and Enhancement cores when compared to the drop chance of new exotics. Because as Speed has said, he has had absolutely no problem with infusing things, but has received no new Exotics. And I can almost mirror that experience. I'm approaching max light and I have received 1 new exotic out of 10.

Anything to improved new exotic drop rate is helpful in my book.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread