Is that about you not reading? (Gaming)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, December 10, 2018, 08:08 (1956 days ago) @ ManKitten

“Our schedule doesn’t allow for this in our product pipeline” is far feom “we just wait to the last minute.”

Eh, Cody is kind of right in his Cody kind of way. As the creative person in my company, my usual routine is "I have a really cool idea" which is usually met with "ok, you have 1/3 of the needed time to do it." which basically means I don't get to start from scratch but instead edit something I've already done.

Like the old saying "When you fail to plan, you plan to fail." If you find the project in a position of "so what do we do now" your creative options are limited.

That's not failing to plan, though. That's just planning something else, or something less.

Lots of plans can fail, and lots of institutions can fail to plan.

What that thread got through to me was the idea that even when everything works more or less the way one would expect, this is the result.

Higher fidelity assets require more person-hours to create; hence the pieces get re-used more often, and unique pieces will seem less justifiably spent on situations that occur less often (bosses).

Still, it's not always true. As far as I can tell Riven isn't an upscaled anything, and there are models for that encounter that only are used a few times for a short period and aren't seen anywhere else in the game at all. So this doesn't happen all the time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread