I can't wait until Tech has progressed so much further (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 13, 2018, 16:08 (1933 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Yes, but you can’t be assured that an increase in your base price will lead to a profit increase because of the current realities of how capitalism is managed. An increase in base price which reduces units sold could be a net even or a loss of profit. Most businesses would rather avoid that risk and cut costs elsewhere.

If you can increase the price, decrease the units sold, and maximize profit that’s the best outcome. Fewer players using your servers if you game has an online component:

There seems to be game developers who care just as much about as many people enjoying their game (or more) than making as much money as they can.

I agree this is a factor for sure! But you require more money to make a better game in the first place, so it’s a balance.

To where even you would not argue that more money is required to make a better game.

Even so, I would argue that more money is one tool that can be used to make a better game, that even now, more money does not a better game make.

At some point it becomes a requirement. You want better animations? More money. You want a bigger world? More money. You want smarter AI? More money. You want more unique enemies and situations? More money. You want detailed graphics for all that? More money.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread