Let's have a bounty to track bounties (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, December 17, 2018, 09:57 (1955 days ago) @ digital_ronin

I feel like my attachment to Destiny is dying a death of a thousand cuts. Running around checking all the vendors to grab the right bounties to get what I need to play something isn't fun. It's another cut. It takes far too long. And then in the middle of running gambit, a clanmate wants to run strikes. Sound fun, but now it's back to the tower to grab more bounties and waste more time. But I can't pick them all up because I'm full.

I'd probably ignore bounties, and I've started ignoring some, but so many powerful rewards are now tied to bounties that it can't be completely ignored.

Remember Xander 99-40? The bounty robot? It was so nice having one spot to go to get most everything. Remember how a new robot showed up in the reef to offer the same bounties when House of Wolves launched?

But remember how Destiny 2 launched with challenges for each activity? Remember how 3 where automatically tracked and shown for each activity and you didn't need to pick anything up? We just needed a way to preview those from the director prior to launching the activity.

We've become victims of our own designs. We love the positive feedback loop from completing a bouty that we're willing to waste time trying to load into zone and run around to vendors to pick them up. I wish we could have a balance of Destiny 2 launch experience of respecting our time with Forsaken's variety of endgame pursuits. I think untangling the bounty situation would be a step in the right direction

I feel like like the main bounties should be automatic. Things like Destination bounties, Crucible, Strikes. I would be fine with having to pick up weekly bounties, but the daily bounties that are basic shouldn't have to be picked up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread