Let's have a bounty to track bounties (Destiny)

by digital_ronin, Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:10 (1954 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I like those moments of having to run to the Tower. I honestly wish there was more reason to visit. I lament auto-decrypting engrams—I liked having a bunch of them to dump on Rahool at once.

I agree about the engrams. I think it's what's played into turning tower visits from pleasure to business.

Before going to the tower was something done after running activities. It was a nice break. It meant visiting the postmaster to see what I missed and visiting Rahool to see what my engrams where going to decode into. It was a mini-Christmas morning. And while there I'd maybe appreciate the sites: see some guardian emote, watch a ship fly in, and see the traveler's shards drift across the sky. And then I'd decide what to do next or maybe end my session.

Now, the tower is all business and no fun. It's the first place to go. You need to visit vendors, sigh at how long the menus load, grab some bounties, but not too many, and then wait to load up my real destination.

I guess that's why I'm getting a little bitter about the experience. The tower went from a nice break with some fun anticipation to a checklist.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread