Let's have a bounty to track bounties (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 10:09 (1957 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The big thing, context. What it brings to the setting and the interactions with characters . I do think it could accomplish that is a more streamlined and compact fashion, however. But it also gives you lulls in activity which can improve the overall experience. Though D1 did have a better turn-in loop. And some folks use it as a place to scout out players to play with. Thoythird party apps are generally used by the more hardcore or extant groups not having to rely on it. I usually get an invite once or twice a week while wandering the Tower. Rarely for an activity I’m up for with blueberries, but still. It happens.

Other than the Engram Decrypting mentioned in this thread, the Tower also used to serve as a viable location to get gear, exhange materials, and stock up on useful consumables. But no synths, other consumables being random drops, and the removal of valuable direct purchase gear or the distribution of destination vendors has hurt the Tower for that. Though D2Y1 Tower also suffered for a number of those factors. Some of that is a side effect of the rounded edges in D2’s design ovr D1.

So while I still think the tower has a purpose, the fact that many of the useful facets we used to have are either distributed or missing makes it sometimes feel like an artifact.

I also feel like the expansion of the tower with the Ada-1 might help a little bit. At the start of D2 we were coming to the tower to do things that felt mission related. The fact that Ada-1 is having us come to the tower for me than just "grab this" and more mission related makes it feel more alive.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread