Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, January 02, 2019, 19:29 (1941 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm around twelve hours in, now, and I'm really enjoying it. Unlocked the cultists stuff last night, which seems neat, if a little half-baked.

The story is silly and sort of mediocre in presentation, but it is also totally compelling in some odd way, and I've really grown to like Kassandra.

Wolves are fucking annoying. I swear I run into one every five feet, and they chase me forever.

The world has grown on me quite a bit, too. I think I still like Origins world better, but I suspect that's mostly just because it was first, and I have fond memories of it. I also do really like the Egyptian stuff. There's lots of awesome detail in Odyssey, though, which was the thing I initially felt was lacking.

I'm missing some of the little stuff from Origins. It seems like they've cut out the resource stuff, for the most part, which I kind of liked. I needed some wood for a ship upgrade, and it was the first time I noticed that using Ikaros doesn't show resource deposits or animals like Senu did.

The gameplay has remained incredibly fun, though. I've been having a blast with the Sparta/Athens war stuff. Weakening an area's power and killing the leader is a satisfying loop.

The ship stuff is cool, and a welcome return. I wish it was a bit deeper, still. I miss the really open water and huge storms of Black Flag. Maybe that stuff is in there and I just haven't seen it yet--I haven't sailed to the southeast yet, where it looks like there's more water.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread