Code Used (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 04, 2013, 10:40 (3828 days ago) @ squidnh3

So I got my code from Amazon yesterday and went to enter it this morning, but I'm getting the message that it's already been used on another account. Anyone else have this issue, or should I be worried that someone gained access to my gmail account to steal a freely given code, or that someone is gaming the code system?

I'd contact your retailer and ask them. There's a possibility that their code-distribution system screwed something up (maybe they sent the same code to 1,000 people or something).

Bungie.net has a pretty effective anti-brute-force system in place, so I wouldn't worry about someone gaming the system. You can't enter a code until you log into your Bungie.net account, and any specific account has only a few attempts before it's locked for the day. Even if someone had 10,000 Bungie.net accounts with 10 attempts each day, it would take them over 2.7 million years to get through the entire set. And behavior like that would put up a huge red flag at Bungie.net ops and they'd shut down whoever it is very quickly.

And just to be safe, change your email password. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread